Crashes when loading any Audio!! Cannot hear calls as well

mozo88

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Long story bear with me.
My S3 had the infamous charging port problem, I opened my phone, cleaned the microusb pins with some rubbing alcohol and viola it could charge again. While putting the phone back together I knocked over the rubbing alcohol and it spilt all over my phone. Didn't turn it on, battery wasn't connected. Dried it out with rice for a day then put it back together.

It turned on, but everytime I would load the camera app, my phone would crash. Everytime I load any music app or youtube. The phone would automatically fast forward the music and I couldn't hear anything. Could not hear any incoming calls or audio. So I bought a replacement camera and replacement speakers.

Parts came in today, I replaced the camera, now the app doesn't crash and camera works fine. Replaced the speakers the auto fast forwarding issue is gone but I still can't hear anything and any audio related apps just crash.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Weird - isopropyl alcohol (is that what you mean by rubbing alcohol?) is one of the few things that's usable for cleaning electronic parts. It evaporates very quickly and doesn't leave much residue. As long as the battery was out I wouldn't have thought you'd have any problems. Bummer.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

mozo88

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I just reflashed still no audio, apps dont crash anymore, but audio and video just automatically fast forwards. So weird!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae