Samsung Galaxy S3 on 4.3 - enabling mass storage?

pinkpanther3610

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, my wife deleted all her photos trying to upload them all onto dropbox. I have downloaded many data recovery programs like stella phoenix and dr fone but i am unable to make the programs see my phone. I need to try enable mass storage but i know when we upgraded to 4.3 that setting went to mtp and ptp but no mass storage. im sure this has been asked but i kind of need a step by step to try get those photos back they are really important to me and my wife. pleeeeese help!!!:':)':)':)'(

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, Google removed support for Mass Storage mode back around the ICS/Jelly Bean time frame - all that's available are PTP (for pictures) and MTP (for files). And those modes don't support file recovery. There are apps that will let you recover deleted files, but they have to be installed BEFORE the deletions happen.

If Dr. Fone didn't work then I have no other suggestions - sorry.

Edit: someone in another post mentioned http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizard/free-data-recovery-software.htm

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk