- 2 Posts
What does FAILED TO MOUNT EFS mean???
Im hoping someone is able to help me. My samsung s3 was stuck on the samsung screen and kept restarting. i have gone into recovery mode and the message "failed to mount efs" has come up. How do i fix this ?? Please help.
- 04-05-2014, 12:16 AM #3
- 6,434 Posts
Re: What does FAILED TO MOUNT EFS mean???
/efs is a partition on the phone's internal memory that is used to store important information (like the IMEI - the unique serial number of the phone). It's not accessible to a normal user and shouldn't get corrupted under regular use.
With all of that said, you're apparently having such a problem, but I'm pretty sure that simply rewriting the firmware isn't going to fix this - that partition isn't included in the stock firmware files.
I don't have a solution for you other than to take it in to your local carrier store. Their solution is unlikely to result in your data being saved. Sorry.
You may get a better answer over on XDA (where they mess with stuff like that), or you may get lucky with a Google search.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
- By cnyjim in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 9Last Post: 08-28-2015, 07:47 PM
- By Jimmy Gillentine in forum Sprint LG G2Replies: 10Last Post: 04-13-2014, 06:15 PM
- By DreamSTi in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 4Last Post: 04-07-2014, 10:41 AM
- By XCalibration17 in forum VerizonReplies: 8Last Post: 04-05-2014, 02:59 PM
- By rrballer11 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 10Last Post: 04-04-2014, 06:36 PM