Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question What does FAILED TO MOUNT EFS mean???

hey everyone

Im hoping someone is able to help me. My samsung s3 was stuck on the samsung screen and kept restarting. i have gone into recovery mode and the message "failed to mount efs" has come up. How do i fix this ?? Please help.

Thank you
    Jade
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: What does FAILED TO MOUNT EFS mean???

I have all my daughters photos on my phone i really dont want to loose them all

Default Re: What does FAILED TO MOUNT EFS mean???

/efs is a partition on the phone's internal memory that is used to store important information (like the IMEI - the unique serial number of the phone). It's not accessible to a normal user and shouldn't get corrupted under regular use.

With all of that said, you're apparently having such a problem, but I'm pretty sure that simply rewriting the firmware isn't going to fix this - that partition isn't included in the stock firmware files.

I don't have a solution for you other than to take it in to your local carrier store. Their solution is unlikely to result in your data being saved. Sorry.

You may get a better answer over on XDA (where they mess with stuff like that), or you may get lucky with a Google search.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk