Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Text Log Not Showing All Entries

Previously I have seen that my text logs under the call logs history had included all texts sent and recieved. When I went back about two months ago I noticed that all of my text log entries from Feb 9 and previous were gone.

Any idea why these were removed or would it have to have been manually done?

I am also not sure if once texts are deleted they are also removed from the text logs under call history.

Thanks for reading and if you have any suggestions or thoughts I'd be very grateful!

Default Re: Text Log Not Showing All Entries

Did the disappearance of the call logs history coincide with the deletion of the actual text messages?

If you didn't delete the text messages yourself, perhaps they were automatically deleted by the Messaging app - I believe the default setting is to delete more than 200 messages (with the Messaging app showing the various conversation threads, press the Menu button -> Settings -> see if 'Delete old messages' is checked; also examine 'Text message limit').

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

GSDer - Thank you so much for your reply!

I will have to verify if the messages not showing in the call log are actually gone in the messaging area. I know that the limit is set to 200 ( that is per contact I think?) but I did not see a "delete old messages" option - I will take a look into that.

I thought that if it was to delete messages older than 200 it would be a various amount between contacts but in the call log everything before Feb 9 is gone - for texts anyway, its bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by julieT55 View Post
    I did not see a "delete old messages" option
    Second item down in the screenshot.
    Are you using the stock Messaging app?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk