Galaxy S3 4G - Can't set central message number

semicolin222

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I recently emigrated to Sweden, and have changed my phone over from Verizon to Comviq.

Data and calling are working fine, but I can't send text messages. I talked with Comviq customer service, and they say I need to change my central message number to one of theirs. I followed their instructions, go to messages -> settings -> Text Message Settings and supposedly there, you can select Central Message Number. But, there is no option displayed there for me to choose. Under "Text Message (SMS) Settings" I only have Delivery Reports and Manage SIM card Messages.

Here is a link to what it is supposed to look like (I assume): Check or Set SMS Centre Number - Samsung Galaxy S III - Telecom New Zealand Help

I simply don't have that option available. Is there an app I need to download to manipulate it? Is it just buried under some other obscure setting? Thanks for any replies, this has been an extremely frustrating experience.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
this has been an extremely frustrating experience
It would've been a lot less frustrating if you'd gotten an International version phone (GT-i9300, etc).

If you activated your phone on their network and have a new phone number which works then text messages should just work.

But you're correct that there's no such menu option on the Verizon phone.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome