- 1 Posts
Galaxy S3 4G - Can't set central message number
I recently emigrated to Sweden, and have changed my phone over from Verizon to Comviq.
Data and calling are working fine, but I can't send text messages. I talked with Comviq customer service, and they say I need to change my central message number to one of theirs. I followed their instructions, go to messages -> settings -> Text Message Settings and supposedly there, you can select Central Message Number. But, there is no option displayed there for me to choose. Under "Text Message (SMS) Settings" I only have Delivery Reports and Manage SIM card Messages.
Here is a link to what it is supposed to look like (I assume): Check or Set SMS Centre Number - Samsung Galaxy S3 - Telecom New Zealand Help
I simply don't have that option available. Is there an app I need to download to manipulate it? Is it just buried under some other obscure setting? Thanks for any replies, this has been an extremely frustrating experience.
- 04-11-2014, 04:51 PM #2
- 6,690 Posts
Re: Galaxy S3 4G - Can't set central message number
If you activated your phone on their network and have a new phone number which works then text messages should just work.
But you're correct that there's no such menu option on the Verizon phone.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
- By Sliver22 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 53Last Post: 11-02-2015, 04:18 PM
- By Phil Nickinson in forum Android Central ContestsReplies: 52Last Post: 04-18-2014, 02:44 AM
- By Lee MacMillan in forum HTC One XReplies: 1Last Post: 04-12-2014, 04:53 PM
- By Ramiboca in forum Samsung Galaxy 3Replies: 1Last Post: 04-11-2014, 10:55 AM
- By sirmaru in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 2Last Post: 04-11-2014, 10:13 AM