Can you run an app from a flash drive? (OTG)

Libby4ever21

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I ordered a "male micro-USB to female USB" OTG. I'll be saving my personal media files to the flash drive, and attaching it to the OTG whenever I need them. Will I be able to save a few apps and their data to the flash drive as well (like an SD card)?

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Will I be able to save a few apps and their data to the flash drive as well (like an SD card)?
I seriously doubt that - I don't think there's any provision in the OS for anything like that.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Woff Lin

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
you need root install buseybox

and install LetsGoApp

letsgoapp.net

LetsGoApp Can

App 2 SD or OTG
After replace Android device, the Apps can still be run at MicroSD or OTG by LetsGoApp.
LetsGoApp is a App, which is a kind of solution for storage shortage and backup data.
The Apps can be run by LetsGoApp within the MicroSD or OTG on the most of Android devices .
The Apps can copy from MicroSD or USB OTG to smart phone LetsGoApp.

You can try it

Woff Lin

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
you need root install buseybox

and install LetsGoApp

LetsGoApp Can

App 2 SD or OTG
After replace Android device, the Apps can still be run at MicroSD or OTG by LetsGoApp.
LetsGoApp is a App, which is a kind of solution for storage shortage and backup data.
The Apps can be run by LetsGoApp within the MicroSD or OTG on the most of Android devices .
The Apps can copy from MicroSD or USB OTG to smart phone LetsGoApp.

You can try it

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
you need root install Busybox and install LetsGoApp

letsgoapp.net
That's https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=tseng.lets.go.app&token=L6-OTnDi rather interesting (although it would be very helpful if the English content was proofread by a fluent English speaker) but I haven't tried it yet - I'm somewhat concerned with the permissions, particularly the last one.
0f08d853285bf958f40f0103ff2099f2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2