Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Settings for Messaging

My S3 updated to Android 4.3 recently. Now messages are shown in a smaller font and will not remember new words when composing messages; how do I change the settings back to what they were? Thanks.

Global Posts
    19,788 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Settings for Messaging

Quote Originally Posted by pds56 View Post
    My S3 updated to Android 4.3 recently. Now messages are shown in a smaller font and will not remember new words when composing messages; how do I change the settings back to what they were? Thanks.
    Do you have a font setting in your keyboard? Go to Settings>Language and Input and then click the settings icon to the right of your keyboard.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Welcome to the forums!
    Now messages are shown in a smaller font
    Are you using the stock Messaging app? If so, there's a setting that allows you to use the Volume rocker to change the size of the font.
    and will not remember new words when composing messages
    This is a function of your keyboard and not the Messaging app - which keyboard are you using?

If you didn't do a Factory Reset and system cache wipe after the update you may want to consider it - just my $0.02.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Looked for font under settings for keyboard, etc, , but couldn't find anything
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Welcome to the forums!Are you using the stock Messaging app? If so, there's a setting that allows you to use the Volume rocker to change the size of the font.This is a function of your keyboard and not the Messaging app - which keyboard are you using?

I am using the stock messaging app. Where can i find the setting to use the Volume rocker?

i am using the Samsung keyboard.

[Love the fact you are using a Sinclair ZX-80!]

If you didn't do a Factory Reset and system cache wipe after the update you may want to consider it - just my $0.02.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

With the stock Messaging app open, press the Menu button, select Settings, scroll down and check 'Use the volume key'Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    gizmofla likes this.