Sharing a photo on Facebook seems a bit of a hassle

fankhauser

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

I took a photo this morning and wanted to share it on Facebook. But after taking the photo, I pressed the little triangular share button which gives me every other option to share the photo EXCEPT for Facebook (i.e. Group Play, Add to Dropbox, Bluetooth, Drive, Evernote, Flipboard, Google+, Messages, Photos, Picasa, S Note, Scrapbook, Viber and Wi-Fi Direct). I took a screenshot of the options so that I could post it here for you to see thinking I could email the screenshot to myself but it doesn't even give email as an option! Why???

The only way I could share the photo was to go into Facebook itself, select "photo" and then go into my gallery from there. So in the end, the photo that I wanted was able to be shared on Facebook but it just seems a bit long-winded. I'm just surprised that Facebook (on my phone anyway) isn't an automatic option when I select "share photo" the way it was on my HTC One.

I don't use Picasa, Scrapbook etc. The only way I ever share a photo is either on Facebook or sent in an email - and they are the two options that aren't there.

Is it just me?:confused:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

I don't use Facebook, so I can't comment on that, but Email and Gmail both show up in the list of Share options.
u6ahu3uh.jpg
I don't know if there's a limit to the number of apps that can show up in the Share list - perhaps you could uninstall some of the apps that are showing up and see if they get replaced by Email and Gmail?

Regarding Facebook, you should contact their development team to comment on this missing feature.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

fankhauser

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi GSDer, thanks for your reply and for your screenshot. Your sharing options are totally different to mine. I like yours better! I like your idea of uninstalling a couple of apps so I will do that and see what happens. Thanks. :)

fankhauser

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
In case anyone else has the same problem as me, I just did a LiveChat with Samsung who advised me to go to the Google Play Store and install Facebook and that would automatically make it an option in the share menu. I asked if I should uninstall the Facebook that was already on the phone when I bought it but he said it's part of the phone and can't be uninstalled. Anyhoo, I did go to the Play Store and installed Facebook and lo and behold - Facebook is now an option in Gallery. So far so good.

However - when I queried why email isn't an option, he said: "Email share is not an option available in the gallery on the note 3. To attach the image to an email, you will need to be composing the email and hit the option to attach an item."

So GDSer, if you are reading this - how did you manage to get email as a sharing option?

Cheers

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
how did you manage to get email as a sharing option?
Well, I don't have a Note 3 for starters.
Beyond that I can't say; I haven't done anything special; I currently only have 35 apps installed in case that makes a difference.

You could try booting into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/59242 and see if the sharing options look different. It may be that you've installed a bunch of apps that are taking up a limited number of slots for sharing (I don't know if that's how it works - just a guess).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22