Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default connection problem/query

Hi all,
    My first post...hopefully I can get an answer. I have a Samsung galaxy ace 3 (model: GT-S7275R) with Android version 4.2.2 (updated today). I want to be able to transfer photos from my compact flash card (via a card reader) to the phone. The salesman in the shop said it can be done (he did this on his phone, but his was different to mine, although it was a Samsung android). I purchased the correct cable to connect the cf card reader to the phone, but I am unable to get a connection with the phone. I am also unable to connect a usb thumbdrive...but I can get connection to my pc and laptop. I'm thinking that perhaps my phone is unable to do this, but thought i'd check with the experts here. I've tried everything I know to do this, including Google searches etc etc. Except for the connection to the laptop/pc I don't get the usb icon on my phone when connected to a usb device.
    Many thanks for any info.
    Paul

Default Re: connection problem/query

Welcome to the forums!

I assume that what you purchased was a USB-on-the-go cable? You could try OTG Troubleshooter: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tgtroubshooter and see if it points out any issues.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: connection problem/query

Hi. Thanks for the info. It looks as though my phone does not support usb.
    Cheers,
    Paul