Galaxy S3 Stuck On "Samsung" When Restarting After Factory Reset

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have Googled and found many queries that talk about this. However most talk in terms of pros

I am helping a friend of mine sell his S3. What is described above happened to his phone. Stuck on Samsung

We have done a battery pull. A battery pull, restart with Up, Power, Home AND Down, Power, Home, and UP & Down, Power, Home to no avail

I am not sure when we chose factory reset why it took us to ...what is it called? ...the Recovery page or something? We selected Factory Reset, and it restarted after a bit and we are where we are now

I read something about a program Odin, which I downloaded. Something about the factory ROM. I have no idea where to get that. The phone is not rooted

If anyone could help me, in the most basic terms, I would be very grateful

Thank You

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to find the firmware here - select your device in the drop-down list in the upper left corner, then download the latest version.

Does the phone boot into Download (aka Odin) mode? (That's Volume Down + Home + Power.)

If you need to know how to use Odin you can look in any of the rooting sub-forums for instructions.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The phone won't do anything. Won't boot into Odin. Just sits there with Samsung on screens

As far as the firmware, the T-Mobile Galaxy S3 T-999 is not listed

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The phone won't do anything. Won't boot into Odin.
Does the phone begin to boot up by itself if you take the battery out and reinsert it?
Are you sure you're holding down all three buttons long enough?
As far as the firmware, the T-Mobile Galaxy S3 T-999 is not listed
Did you even look for the correct model number? SGH-t999 - the firmware is http://samsung-updates.com/details/25180/Galaxy_S_3_T-Mobile/SGH-T999/TMB/T999UVUENC2.html

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks so much.

It wouldn't do anything. I could have sworn I tried all combinations. In any case I went to Best Buy and surprisingly the young guy knew exactly what to do. By holding the vol+ and power and home it did go into whatever mode you call it. Recovery? Odin?

To his surprise after clearing cache then factory reset the phone would not start again. At least he was able to do something I couldn't. He immed hooked it up to his computer and out the latest software on it and all was fine.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Great! Thanks for the follow-up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos