Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lock screen issue

Hi all,

I setup my lock screen recently to see if I liked using it or not. It turns out, not so much. I tried to disable, but I'm unable to. I go Setting > My Device > Screen Lock > enter my password > and from there I should be able to select "none." However, it's there, but unable to be selected. It only says "Disabled by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage."
    Does anyone know how I can get around this to disable the screen lock? Thanks!

Default Re: Lock screen issue

Sounds like your phone is running some corporate configuration that you can't disable. Is that the case?
    Is your phone encrypted?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

My phone's not encrypted. I did have to setup an email account through work on my phone that's run through Outlook Office 365 and on the 'Mail' icon for my phone. Is it likely that's what causing this? Is there any way to disable that, or would the only way be do uninstall that email setup? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorich View Post
    Is it likely that's what causing this?
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregorich View Post
    Is there any way to disable that, or would the only way be do uninstall that email setup?
    You could talk to the IT guys, but I think you'll have to get them to remove that setup.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Great! Thanks for your help! I'll give them a shout and see if there's a way. It's probably unlikely since they'd likely say I'd be exposing company information without it, but worth a call. They're not paying for my phone, so it won't break my heart to not have the email on it. Thanks again!