Using a used deactivated S3 as an iPod touch alternative??
Would it be possible to install/run apps on a no longer activated Galaxy S2 or 3? I like Android but they no longer make a good alternative to the Itouch. Would I need an unlocked SIII or would a deactivated phone work?
- 04-25-2014, 02:42 AM #2
- 1,233 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Re: Using a used deactivated S3 as an iPod touch alternative??
Yes, you can use it solely over wifi. But you need to put it in airplane mode or the cellular radios will destroy the battery. You can turn on airplane mode and then turn wifi on. If you root, you may be able to permanently disable the cellular radios.
- 04-25-2014, 12:27 PM #4
- By jaleelhamidd in forum HTC One M8Replies: 7Last Post: 09-21-2014, 10:08 PM
- By jrdba in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 06-17-2014, 06:15 PM
- By digifly in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 12Last Post: 06-16-2014, 11:33 PM
- By api7342 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 3Last Post: 04-25-2014, 11:18 AM
- By qzmpal in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 04-24-2014, 05:31 PM