Help! Galaxy 3 stopped syncing contacts with Outlook Exchange 2010

jkermath

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I am basically out of business as I now have NO contacts in my phone anymore. S-Galaxy 3/Jellybean has worked fine for over a year. Jan/Feb started to notice my computer was not syncing contacts with phone. Email and calendar are just fine. Uninstalled and reinstalled my personal and company exchange server accounts on my phone and deleted my phone and re-installed it in the Microsoft Exchange account. The contacts I did have are now gone.Spent 3 hours on the phone with Microsoft.
I've consulted with my company tech people and numerous ATT techies at the cell store. My phone is set up correctly. All boxes are checked. Push is going. One tech guy downloaded his Samsung 1 with my email and got the same result-email fine, no contacts. Another Samsung 4 user had success, got my email AND my contacts.
I downloaded my exchange email to the new Samsung 5 and it downloaded my contacts just fine. SO, is this a Samsung Jellybean problem? I can't believe Jellybean/Samsung does not support Outlook 2010 Exchange servers anymore? I don't have a phone upgrade yet, my S-3 is only 15 months old and can't afford to buy the new S-5. And it seems ridicules that I would have to do that.
I have tried everything so now can anyone on the forum help?
Thank you!

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
You can use the Nitrodesk Touchdown app to sync with your corporate and personal Exchange. Touchdown is a full-blown Exchange client for Android. You won't get your contacts in the native Contacts app, but you will have your contacts on your phone. Try using Touchdown for your email, too. You may like it better than Samsung's native email app.

Another route, if you are up to the task is to blow away Samsung's version of Jellybean and go with a custom ROM :)