Delay after pushing the wake up button
I have had an S3 mini for a year. In the last month or so there has been a significant delay to activate the screen after pushing the wake up button (below screen). It can take several seconds for the screen to come on and sometimes it is so slow the screen saver activates almost as soon as the screen lights up. Any ideas? Can occur when battery full or at half charge.
Re: Delay after pushing the wake up button
Welcome to the forums!
If you don't reboot your phone every so often that would be a good start.
You can also boot into Recovery mode and clear the system cache - that's very quick and easy to do, and it won't mess with any of your data. Here's a quick summary:
- you use Recovery mode to clear the system cache and to Factory Reset
- you use Download (aka Odin) mode (showing the Android guy) to load/reload firmware
- the key sequences to enter both modes are very similar, and they are timing dependent so it may take a few tries to get it working
-- Recovery = Volume Up + Home + Power
-- Download = Volume Down + Home + Power
- for either, you start with the phone completely off
- press and hold the required keys simultaneously, and release them all when you see the swirling logo (not the static white text)
Try Recovery mode (use the Volume rockers to navigate; use the Power button to select) and when it boots into this mode just clear the cache and then restart.
Finally, due to its very limited internal memory the Mini is subject to running out of storage space quite easily. If the phone has less than 1GB of free storage you're likely to run into problems, so keep an eye on that (look in Settings -> Storage) and free up space as necessary.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk