- 1 Posts
Address book recovery from crashed phone
My Samsung S3 has been crashed by car tyres.... display is now blind, no way to use it, even if the mobile works.
How to recovery the address book?
I connected the phone to the USB port of my pc, and I can access files, but I can't find anything that seems to be a valid database file.
I found the "phone/Android/data/com.android.contacts" folder, but it's empty.
No other folders with somthing that is similar to an address book.
- where to find the address book file?
- how to extract data?
Thanks a lot.
- 04-29-2014, 12:54 PM #2
- 6,973 Posts
Re: Address book recovery from crashed phone
Welcome to the forums!
Since the phone is still (amazingly!) working you can use the Kies software (just Google it - look for v3 if your phone had the 4.3 update) to backup your information (contacts, SMS/MMS, pictures/videos, call logs, etc) to your computer and then restore it to your replacement Samsung phone.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
- By Bianca DeBelen in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 6Last Post: 11-21-2016, 02:14 PM
- By ajayc1 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 19Last Post: 10-05-2015, 10:12 PM
- By Lauren Spavelko in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 07-22-2015, 08:29 AM
- By jayse in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 04-29-2014, 07:47 PM