SIM Card and international travel
This is a “stupid” question, but I decided to ask anyway. If you remove the SIM card (Telus Canada) from your phone and move to US and use the phone just as a MP3 (music player), there is no way that Telus can charge me a roaming fee. Is that statement right?
Why I asked? I just want to make sure because I am planning to take my phone to US, but use only as an MP3 player. We are driving down there for a school trip and it is a 15 hour drive one direction. I don’t have an MP3 player so I decided if I take out the SIM card. Then I can use the phone as a player.
Thank you for answering.http://sanuja.com | SGH-I747M
- 04-30-2014, 11:26 PM #2
- 243 Posts
Re: SIM Card and international travel
For the most part... If it requires a SIM CARD.... You should see an X in your signal bars... This means NO sim card is installed and it cannot verify who you are... You should not pick up any signal as that SIM CARD tells any network who you are... Other Options would be Turning off DATA or ROAMING and or Turning your phone on Airplane Mode... But with NO SIM CARD, Your Carrier cannot determine who you are, so there would be no way to charge you
- By Justintoxicated in forum HTC One (M8)Replies: 3Last Post: 05-01-2014, 04:14 PM
- By Jon Jackson in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 6Last Post: 05-01-2014, 01:15 PM
- By qualifyordie in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 04-30-2014, 10:37 PM
- By Halil001 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 3Last Post: 04-30-2014, 05:22 PM
- By androidquestion in forum HTC One VXReplies: 0Last Post: 04-30-2014, 04:57 PM