- 2 Posts
Samsung Galaxy S3 Black Screen + no touch, what should I repair?
Hi, I just dropped my S3 (i9300) and the screen has gone black (the screen is not cracked at all).
I can hear it charge,work and beep for msgs and calls but the screen wont work (it is black, and does NOT response to touch at all).
Im going to attempt a home repair (theres enough youtube videos for that), as professional a screen replacement costs too much for the value of the phone.
Anyways, my question is if I have to substitute just the screen or the screen AND digitalizer. Depending on what you answer I will then buy the spare parts....
Thx for any answers!
- 05-04-2014, 02:37 PM #2
- 6,766 Posts
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Black Screen + no touch, what should I repair?
Welcome to the forums!
There's three parts to the screen:
- the glass, which protects everything
- the digitizer, which records your touches
- the AMOLED display, which, uh, displays everything
At a minimum you need a new display. You can check to see if the digitizer is working by having someone call the phone and then swipe from left-to-right to answer the call - if that works then the digitizer is probably ok.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
- By tbp5 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 6Last Post: 09-15-2016, 06:52 AM
- By PsychDoc in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 83Last Post: 05-29-2016, 12:16 PM
- By Barif in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 06-16-2014, 02:46 PM
- By Sten Jensby in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 05-03-2014, 08:31 AM
- By Tervz in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 0Last Post: 05-03-2014, 07:57 AM