Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4.3 Lock Screen Widget

Hi there,
    I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 (NOT ROOTED) and just recently was able to upgrade to version 4.3. I like most of the upgrade features, however, HATE the lock screen widgets. I donít mind the clock and date, but not so much my text messages being on display.

Iíve played around with different functions within the Lock Screen settings, and managed to get it so when a text is received it just says New Message rather than the actual personal text however, the box is still that bulky white eye sore. If I drag on the lock screen Iím able to add more widgets, but thereís no option to do away with the ones already placed. Iím starting to think the thereís no way to get rid of the feature.

Has anyone found a way to change the white screen, or get rid of the widget altogether? I did read online of some people downloading a Widget App that it seems changed how the text widget appeared. Does anyone have any experience with that - if thereís absolutely no way to fully clear it, I would settle with making it look better.

Thanks for all your help!

Default Re: 4.3 Lock Screen Widget

You could try to tap and hold the widgets, following that drag it to the rubbish bin.

Posted via Android Central App