- 1 Posts
Galaxy s3 screen threw a few wobblers now screen wont work O_O Please help :)
Hello, for the last week or so my screen on my galaxy s3 had been a bit glitch, like flicking on and off and going like lines across the screen moving up etc., earlier it had one of these fits but this time the screen remains black the buttons all work, but the touch screen doesn't I hear noises from the phone and people can ring me but I cant answer its just black. I only got the phone in November last year so it's only around 6months old. Anyone have any idea what is wrong? Help would be greatly appreciated as I know nothing about this kind of techy stuff.
EDIT: It came on again but keeps going off again
Last edited by Faytinii; 05-08-2014 at 03:59 AM.
- 05-08-2014, 05:52 PM #2
- 5,682 Posts
Re: Galaxy s3 screen threw a few wobblers now screen wont work O_O Please help :)
Welcome to the forums!
It sounds like a hardware problem, but there are a few things you can try before contacting Samsung or your carrier for an RMA the number:
- boot into Recovery mode and clear the system cache
- boot into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/s...ase.html/59242
- boot into Recovery mode and perform a Factory Reset (you'll lose any data not saved on an SD card)
Here's a summary about Recovery mode and Download mode:
- you use Recovery mode to clear the system cache and to Factory Reset
- you use Download (aka Odin) mode (showing the Android guy) to load/reload firmware
- the key sequences to enter both modes are very similar, and they are timing dependent so it may take a few tries to get it working
-- Recovery = Volume Up + Home + Power
-- Download = Volume Down + Home + Power
- for either, you start with the phone completely off
- press and hold the required keys simultaneously, and release them all when you see the swirling logo (not the static white text)
In Recovery mode use the Volume rockers to navigate; use the Power button to select and if it boots into this mode just clear the cache and then restart. If the phone doesn't boot normally then try Recovery mode again but this time select Factory Reset.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
- 05-09-2014, 04:02 PM #3
- By KilgoreCatfish in forum AT&T HTC OneReplies: 3Last Post: 05-24-2014, 01:17 AM
- By knjantz in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 14Last Post: 05-21-2014, 06:13 AM
- By Surend ran in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 4Last Post: 05-19-2014, 02:47 PM
- By agrajag27 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2Replies: 11Last Post: 05-10-2014, 11:13 AM
- By Gary Pickering1 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 05-08-2014, 01:50 AM