Question Over AVG and Malware!
So I've only received clears from AVG Antivirus on my android up until recent. It said a malware threat was found in my Systems Manager Application. I'm not sure of its importance, and I was wondering if it's okay to disable it or uninstall AVG. (I'll still probably uninstall it from what I read on here). But more importantly I'm asking if and/or how it is possible to get malware there, my Sys Mngr App and Android. Thanks!
- 05-10-2014, 10:57 PM #2
- 05-12-2014, 08:16 AM #4
- 05-12-2014, 09:51 AM #5
- 05-12-2014, 12:04 PM #6
- 05-13-2014, 07:02 AM #7
- 05-13-2014, 10:54 PM #8
- 05-14-2014, 08:00 AM #9
- 05-14-2014, 07:38 PM #10
- 6,693 Posts
Re: Question Over AVG and Malware!
There's generally two steps involved in uninstalling these security apps:
1. Go to Settings -> More (if using the Tab view) -> Security -> Device administrators -> find the app that you want to get ride of and uncheck the box next to it
2. Uninstall the app in question like you normally would (I recommend going into the Application manager and clearing cache and data first, then uninstalling the app.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
- By zacksparrow in forum HTC One M8Replies: 5Last Post: 02-02-2016, 03:43 PM
- By AntLyoN2053 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 3Last Post: 05-12-2014, 08:13 PM
- By ShaggyKids in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 10Last Post: 05-11-2014, 09:11 AM
- By Piepuncher in forum HTC One M8Replies: 7Last Post: 05-10-2014, 05:17 PM
- By Mike-Mike in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 05-10-2014, 01:37 PM