Screen Freezing?

Elcycle17

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I love my s3, and it works fine except for a few apps where it will freeze randomly. the touch input will just stop working, but the home button will still work.The screen remains to not receiver input until i lock unlock it. After you lock then unlock the screen its like nothing happened. Does anyone know whats up with it?

Last edited:

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
When was the last time you updated your phone's software? Also doing a cache wipe (will erase data on your phone, so make proper backups) will make your phone more responsive as well (if you haven't done it in quite some time).

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
it works fine except for a few apps where it will freeze randomly
Is it the same apps that it freezes with?

Are they 3rd party apps?

Have you tried clearing the cache, clearing data, uninstalling the apps and then reinstalling them?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Elcycle17

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Is it the same apps that it freezes with?

Are they 3rd party apps?

Have you tried clearing the cache, clearing data, uninstalling the apps and then reinstalling them?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

No its different apps. And no its happening even with the apps pre loaded. And yes ive done all those things, and the problem still occurred in safe mode.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If the problem still occurs in Safe mode then you either have a hardware problem or your OS is corrupted.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If its a corrupted OS would rooting help?
I would not recommend rooting as a solution to your problem; reloading the firmware is your best course of action. If you use the Kies software on your computer you can backup almost everything that's important, then use Kies to reload the firmware, then restore your data.

You can also use a tool called Odin to reload the firmware.

Elcycle17

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I would not recommend rooting as a solution to your problem; reloading the firmware is your best course of action. If you use the Kies software on your computer you can backup almost everything that's important, then use Kies to reload the firmware, then restore your data.

You can also use a tool called Odin to reload the firmware.

Alright, ill try this.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar