Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Weak WIFI

I have a Galaxy S3 on Jellybean 4.3 and have intermittent problems with connecting to WIFI.
    I travel all over the place with my job and am in hotels every week (not as fun as it sounds) and my Galaxy tablet will find the hotel WIFI and connect as will my laptop, both with good signals, my phone though will not. It often shows 1 bar or even less signal, it connects but with a signal so weak it can do nothing with it! Does anyone else have this issue?
    When I'm at home, the signal is fine, and hotels have re-booted their routers etc. Last week, the room I was in was on top of the router, the tablet and laptop had max signal and the phone had almost nothing.

Default Re: Weak WIFI

Does your router at home support 802.11N? If so, are you using the 2.4GHz band or the 5GHz band?

Other than the anomaly with your home Wi-Fi it sounds like your antenna has gotten disconnected.

Did this work correctly before the 4.3 update?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply, My home WIFI connection is ok, it is when I'm in hotels etc. I have no idea what band the hotel routers use :-/
    It did seem to work well before the update, but I've not had the tablet that long, so I've only recently started to compare them.
    I was in another hotel last week and the issue was the same, good signal on the Tablet and next to nothing on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by bwganbran View Post
    I have no idea what band the hotel routers use
    I was asking what type of router you use at home; and if it's wireless N, then which band you're using. Hotel routers are typically using 2.4GHz and if that's what you use at home then it doesn't make any sense.

If you suspect the update caused your problem then the best thing to do would be to reload the firmware from scratch; perhaps the radios didn't get updated properly. I'd also perform a Factory Reset and wipe the cache in Recovery mode.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

I've been having connection issues since the last update also. Have been trying WiFi manager, but the jury is still out.

AC App on SGS3
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE