- 1 Posts
Samsung Galaxy S3 screen turned pink then black after falling
My Samsung Galaxy S3 fell on my driveway and the corner that hit on impact was slightly pink at the screen. Slowly the colour started taking over the whole phone. It looked like the bits were still intact, looked like a dye on top of my working phone screen. As it spread it started turning black and in about 1.5 days the whole screen turned black. Everything else is still functioning. Touch screen works and LED light and calling/texting/etc. I just can't see anything. I attempted to blindly use my phone and got the music to play so I know eveything else is functioning since the phone turned black.
What is the problem and how can I fix it without having to spend too much, if the latter is the case, I might as well buy a new phone.
- 05-12-2014, 10:25 PM #2
- 05-13-2014, 01:07 PM #3
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 screen turned pink then black after falling
The LED assembly was damaged in the drop. The only repair is to replace it. If you search online (I've seen them on ebay) you can find replacement screen assemblies, and if you're handy with small tools you could replace it yourself. There are plenty of videos on YouTube showing how. Otherwise, any phone repair shop should be able to replace it. I'm not sure about price, but you're probably right that if you can get a subsidized price you may be better off getting a new phone.
- By K2theIzzo in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 5Last Post: 04-26-2015, 05:48 AM
- By Masum56k in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 3Last Post: 05-13-2014, 10:20 AM
- By amdroidboi in forum Samsung Galaxy GearReplies: 0Last Post: 05-12-2014, 11:28 AM
- By ScottW75 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 05-12-2014, 11:27 AM
- By droidntn in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 05-12-2014, 10:16 AM