Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4.1.2 Pin lock screen stays on screen

Just updated my S3 GT-I9305 to 4.3, but noticed that the lock screen of the 4.1.2 has "imprinted" onto my LCD somehow... I can actually see the keypad numbers clearly, the "emergency call" option at the bottom of the screen, the time stating "00:00" on the top right hand corner and even the carrier name a little to the top of the "emergency call" option.
    However, all these things are just something that has somehow stuck to the screen, appearing whenever the screen is on, no matter what the screen is showing. These things dont work at all, they just make my screen appear 'dirty' but it's really just the numbers on the keypad of the 4.1.2 pin lock screen.

PS: It even happends when the phone is at the recovery mode.

What could've caused this? I've never dropped my phone, not even a single time, but this screen problem seems to be happening only to me...

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: 4.1.2 Pin lock screen stays on screen

Welcome to the forums!

Screen burn-in is rather uncommon on mobile devices, but I suppose if you left it at maximum brightness and the phone spent a lot of time on the PIN screen it could happen.

Other than replacing the screen your other option is to run an app that displays full color palettes and hope that it counteracts some of the burn-in - to enter test mode enter *#0*# in the Dialer keypad (may not work on all carriers), then leave it on Red, then Blue, then GreenSent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GSDer; 05-14-2014 at 08:06 PM.
    alphonsus2010 likes this.