Samsung Galaxy S3 No Signal.. Help Please!!

MilGoe10

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have a Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S3 (originally T-Mobile) that I use with Straight Talk I have a SIM card in it from the BYOP program. It is not getting any signal/service.

I have verified that it's still unlocked, not blacklisted, the SIM works in my other phone as well but I ordered a new SIM anyway and that SIM works in both phones so it is not the SIM. I have done a factory reset but still nothing. I have also taken the battery out, put it back in, and turned phone on but it didn't work.. I have done all the steps that Straight Talk suggest. I also checked and I still have an IMEI number. I have done a software update.

Sometimes the phone will have 4G but then seconds later it will go back to no service/signal and say searching on the unlock screen. The icon at the top is a circle with a slash through it. When I try to make a call when it has that icon it says mobile network not available. My APN settings have been updated and are correct and airplane mode is not on. I have GSM/WCDMA only selected and have tried switching to the other two but still nothing. This might not be important but my Wi-Fi does still work. My girlfriend has the same phone and has no problems getting signal. Mobile network is selected.. I have no idea what else I can try I'm getting so frustrated.

Can anyone help?? I am so tired of having basically a paper weight!! :mad:

MilGoe10

May 15, 2014
Visit site

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

MilGoe10

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I tried it but it still does the same thing. I didn't know where to put the pit file so I didn't use that I only put the firmware in the PDA box. This is what is says in the message box.. I used Odin v3.04
Should I try it with Odin v1.85? Or any other suggestions you have??

<ID:0/006> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> T999UVUENC2_T999TMBENC2_T999UVUENC2_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/006> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/006> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/006> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/006> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/006> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/006> tz.mbn
<ID:0/006> boot.img
<ID:0/006> recovery.img
<ID:0/006> system.img.ext4
<ID:0/006> NON-HLOS.bin
<ID:0/006> cache.img.ext4
<ID:0/006> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/006> RES OK !!
<ID:0/006> Completed..
<ID:0/006> Added!!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
<ID:0/006> Removed!!

T-Mobile SGH-T999 32GB PIT

[h=1]T999_16GB.pit[/h]
This tutorial will help you
http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-samsung-how-flash-stock-rom-via-odin.html
Do.not use usb hub
Try different version of odin if it fails
Do.not downgrade

download the firmware here
T999UVUENC2_T999TMBENC2_TMB.zip

Flash the pit file + firmware with odin

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
What does the PIT file do?
It rewrites the Partition Information Table - the thing that tells the file system where the various partitions are located, how big they are (which is why there are different PIT files depending on the size of internal memory), etc.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk