Samsung G3 stuck at logo & trying to understand how to fix with Odin

Rescueadog

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Excuse my ignorance but all the really comprehensive advice on these threads is baffling me!

What I seem to have gathered is that my phone needs to have software reloaded. In order to hopefully preserve files, I could try this via Odin rather than Kies, which although seems the better option, would wipe my phone.

I've pressed the Volume+Power+Home buttons simultaneously, stopped immediately Samsung logo came on, pressed the Volume+Power+Home buttons simultaneously again and got to a page that said something about OS and pressing Volume Down would cancel, Volume Up would take me to continue. I did Volume Up as Volume Down only took me back to the frozen log page! So I'm now at Downloading Do not turn off target!! But I don't know how to proceed.
Not sure I got to this stage via the Recovery or Downloading screens, as the info that other people have described seeing on their phone didn't show up on mine. And I didn't get the option to clear Cache (whatever that is, can't see it in the glossary!:)) But here I am at the same place.

Your advice, in simple as possible language, would be of great value to me and my squidgy mind, thanks in advance

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

If you reload the same version of firmware using Odin that your phone previously had on it that'll give you the best chance of getting your data back, but there's no guarantees.

If you choose to use Odin you'll have to download the firmware yourself - look here - select your device in the drop-down list in the upper left corner, then find the version of firmware that you had (hopefully the latest).

You can find Odin online (just Google it - look for v3.07; your best bet is to select a source from XDA) and there are instructions on how to use it in the rooting sub-forums or online (most of them have screenshots showing everything step by step so it's pointless to try to reproduce that here).

If you're not sure which firmware to use please provide your model number/carrier/region (if an International user).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Rescueadog

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Thank you!

How do I know which version it previously had?
And what does mirror mean, and how do I know whether to pick TerraFile or RapidGator?

Ah, think you answer this at the end - as in I'm not sure. Model number is GT-I9300. I'm on Orange (EE) in England, which I couldn't see on the list.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Rescueadog

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks you GSDer. I've used your link and ended up downloading iMesh, a music sharing site.

I'm really not getting this, sorry! I thought this would be the link to the firmware and I now download it from this site, but I can't see how. There doesn't seem to be an option to find phone or any firmware.
Do I now go to Odin too to find my firmware? I'm totally confused. I'm trying to research but I'm getting more bogged down by it all. Again your help is appreciated:)

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I thought this would be the link to the firmware
It is the link to the firmware. See the screenshot below
upezyga8.jpg
Just to the right of the filename you need to select the 'Regular' Text. That'll take you to the next screen shown below after a ten second countdown
ve8ygara.jpg
Again to the right of the filename you'll have to enter the words that you see and then select 'Create Download Link' and then use that to download the firmware.

Basically, do not select any of the other crap on the web page - it's all there to generate ad-based revenue.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37