Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default s3 power button

Hi, I just have my s3 rooted and is very happy with the cfw nightly cm 11.

The only problem I have right note is the power button is mild function the when I press it, it some times becomes pressed and hold.

Then the device start to reboot over and over again. Then I have to press the power button with try so it will release.

The power button just fell like normal. It isn't stuck or anything. But it act like. Sometimes I have to remove the battery to fix, I don't know which part is exactly causing the problem.

My s3 is out of warranty. I want to open it and examine the power button. But i want more advice as I don't have spare part and I don't have the tool.

Please advice.

P's, I don't wanna change device yet as s3 with nightly is really good enough.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Default Re: s3 power button

There are two separate pieces to the Power button assembly: the little plastic piece that we press on and the actual Power switch on the mainboard. You could take the phone apart and carefully remove the plastic piece (there are two legs that hold it in to the case) and make sure that there's not gunk in there interfering with the Power switch. You could also use compressed air or electronic contact cleaner (with the battery removed, of course) to clean around the Power switch itself.

Or you could use an app (ex. Button Savior http://market.android.com/details?id=com.smart.swkey) rather than the Power button to put the device to sleep and use the Home button to wake it up. There's seldom a need to turn the device on from a complete power off condition, and it's possible to do that without using the Power button as well.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk