Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Group Messaging Problem

Hello,

I just switched from an old android to a galaxy s3 and group messaging doesn't appear to be working the way that it should. I do have the group messaging setting checked. I received a group message and everything looked fine. One person replied, but it came in a separate individual thread. I replied to the group message thread, and it said it went to everybody. The person who started the message then replied, but it came in a separate thread. I didn't receive the other replies at all.

Why would group messaging only half-work like this? The message starter has an iPhone and the first message worked. One thing of note is that each time that I open the group message thread a pop up says "converting to multimedia message for group messaging..." Here are my specs:
    Galaxy S3
    Android 4.4.2
    Sprint/Virgin Mobile
    Messaging App (Stock)

Thank you for any help!

short: Group message came to me and my reply went back ok. Two replies from others came as separate threads, others didn't come at all.

Default Re: Group Messaging Problem

Welcome to the forums!

How many of those in the thread are on iPhones?

I've found that the success of group messaging depends as much on the others in the group as on me; half the time other people aren't using the 'group' features. But that's just been my experience - YMMV.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you GSDer!

Most if not all in the thread were on iPhones.

Bummer. All I keep hearing about messaging issues where iPhones are concerned involves turning off iMessage (or something like that). Perhaps if you get on the iMore site something might shed some light on the situation. Sorry to be of no use.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk