Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help with carrier settings for Galaxy S3

Maybe someone here can give me some insight on this issue:

My buddy bought a Verizon Galaxy S3 from someone on Facebook and tried to have it activated on the prepay plan and they said it can't be. So my buddy found this guy in Philadelphia who works with a carrier called Selectel Wireless and the guy was able to get a plan for him using the S3. Anyway, his phone was constantly freezing so he did a factory reset and afterwards he made a call to his brother and his bro said his number came up different and instead of being a 267-xxx-xxxx area code it was coming up 215-xxx-xxxx. He tried calling his proper number from home phone and it went straight to voicemail... he ended up on the phone with the guy who hooked up the service and did something with the phone to get it back working again. Oh and under network it says unknown right now but after the reset it was back to saying Verizon.

Anybody have a clue what this guy might have done to fix this? And how exactly do you get into any kind of settings for your carrier?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Help with carrier settings for Galaxy S3

All these views and not one person even has a smidgen of insight or wild guess?

Global Posts
    455 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted S3

Here's a forum post on XDA from last year showing how to take that Verizon S3 to Selectel: Sprint /Verizon/USCC S3/S4/S5 Note 2/Note 3 to Page Plus / Selectel Flashing Real 3G - xda-developers

446(!) pages deep, so a lot of discussion, and it looks like a lot of people can't get it to work. Good luck!

Take a look Verizon S3 to Straight Talk
    for examples of how to configure a phone for a different carrier.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk