Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S3 upgrade?

Would you guys say that the galaxy s3 is a upgrade over the iPhone 4s? I'm asking about the 3 because I use virgin mobile and they only offer the 3($220) and the 5($660). I don't want to spend that much on a phone that my 2 year old will no doubt be using, and will probably upgrade again in a year or two when the 5 drops in price or try offer another great phone.

IMO I am getting an upgrade because I can customize my home screens use widgets install games like Pokemon on my phone, and I'll have 4gTo me the s3 blows my iphone out of the water. But you guys are much more educated.

I'm not really looking for a upgrade as my iphone is fast enough and the camera is good enough, I'm just looking to come back to android. True apple and hate it. But my past experience with very low end android phones weren't good either I figure the s3 is at least a good mid range phone that takes good pictures and runs well for someone who just browses the net gets on Instagram and Facebook and takes pictures of their kid right? No heavy gammon or anything like that. And will the s3 get emojiis in kitkat?

Default Re: S3 upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Johnson6 View Post
    Would you guys say that the galaxy s3 is a upgrade over the iPhone 4s?
    That's like comparing apples to oranges
    I'm asking about the 3 because I use virgin mobile and they only offer the 3($220) and the 5($660).
    I'm sure you could get a great price on a Moto G, a Moto X or even a Nexus 5 and come away with a lot of phone.
    I don't want to spend that much on a phone that my 2 year old will no doubt be using
    I doubt that your two year old needs a phone, much less a smartphone
    IMO I am getting an upgrade because I can customize my home screens use widgets install games like Pokemon
    You can do that with any of the inexpensive phones that I listed.
    And will the s3 get emojiis in kitkat?
    There's no guarantee that KitKat will be coming to your carrier.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk