Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Trying to create my own app,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, which I am trying to learn how to create apps for, using an online tutorial:

https://developer.android.com/traini...ndex.html?hl=p

I've completed the basics and created the primitive app described, but I am having trouble using my phone to run this app. I can successfully create a virtual device and run my app, but I cannot seem to find the right driver for my phone. When I choose "Run" and try to select my phone as the device, this is what I see:

Trying to create my own app,-device-chooser.jpg

Has anybody done this successfully with the S3 and can point me to the right driver and what steps to install it? I'd really appreciate the help.

Default Re: Trying to create my own app,

Is there some reason that you don't just install the apk on your phone and run it?
    Do you have USB debugging enabled?
    Have you tried installing the Kies software? It should install all necessary drivers.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    559 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted S3

If you're absolutely sure your existing driver isn't working, perhaps this development driver at Samsung will help.

Samsung Andorid USB Driver for Windows | SAMSUNG Developers
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I tried using the driver gozirra linked to, with no better results.

USB debugging is a checked box on the phone, but when I attach the phone with USB I don't see anything different than when I usually connect to charge. Is "Debugging mode" supposed to look different?

I suppose I could try just downloading the .apk, but I was hoping to avoid that since eclipse is supposedly able to do this by itself. Not sure what else to try since I keep getting the same results as my first post.

Global Posts
    559 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted S3

Have you tried a different port? One actually connected to the motherboard, not a front panel or through a hub? Don't just dismiss the suggestion, actually try it, wait for it to cycle through the various mounts.