- 1 Posts
Dropped S3 - which screen to replace
I dropped my Samsung S3. The screen is cracked, picture is clear, however the touch is not responsive. I cannot swipe my password or slide to switch off alarms when they go off. Would I need a glass replacement as well as an LCD replacement?
- 05-30-2014, 08:27 PM #2
- 05-30-2014, 08:33 PM #3
- 6,564 Posts
Re: Dropped S3 - which screen to replace
The screen is made up of three layers:
- the glass (which protects everything)
- the digitizer (which records touch)
- the AMOLED display (which, uh, displays everything)
They're all sandwiched and glued together. I've read that some people have had the good fortune to be able to heat up the glass and remove it without damaging the digitizer/display; I haven't heard anyone that's been successful with the digitizer.
Your best bet is to replace the complete screen assembly (~$130) - here are a couple of sources:
(you can probably find the screen assembly cheaper on eBay).
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
- By U4icLab in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 NeoReplies: 4Last Post: 06-02-2014, 09:43 PM
- By Rajeev Kumar5 in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 4Last Post: 05-31-2014, 01:23 PM
- By gjones1 in forum Samsung Galaxy AceReplies: 2Last Post: 05-30-2014, 05:52 PM
- By Tim C3 in forum Android AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 05-30-2014, 05:20 PM
- By AZgl1500 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 05-30-2014, 03:01 PM