Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default wifi on s3 after 4.4.2 update

I just upgraded to 4.4.2 and I'm having an issue. On the WiFi screen, it says "To see available networks, turn on Wi-Fi", but when I slide it to ON (which stays grayed out), it just says "Turning on..." for a little while then goes back to the "To see available networks, turn on Wi-Fi" screen. And there are no networks to see. The "Scan" and "Wi-Fi Direct" buttons are grayed out and un-pushable. I've tried restarting, removing the battery and SD card, leaving my WiFi area and coming back, airplane mode. Nothing has worked. It's a galaxy S3. Do you have any other suggestions? Thank you.

Default Re: wifi on s3 after 4.4.2 update

Quote Originally Posted by daveb75 View Post
    I just upgraded to 4.4.2 and I'm having an issue. On the WiFi screen, it says "To see available networks, turn on Wi-Fi", but when I slide it to ON (which stays grayed out), it just says "Turning on..." for a little while then goes back to the "To see available networks, turn on Wi-Fi" screen. And there are no networks to see. The "Scan" and "Wi-Fi Direct" buttons are grayed out and un-pushable. I've tried restarting, removing the battery and SD card, leaving my WiFi area and coming back, airplane mode. Nothing has worked. It's a galaxy S3. Do you have any other suggestions? Thank you.
    take out the battery fro 10 minutes after that turn it back on
    go to recovery and clear cache
    go to the safe mode to see whether the problem still exist
    Dont' Forget to press Thank you button and like button when you get an answer

Global Posts
    8,138 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Edit: First try clearing cache as recommended in the post above. You can do this in the recovery by following the instructions provided in this guide: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

If that doesn't work, perform a factory reset. That should clear up this issue along with other smaller ones that may be present. Be sure to backup your data and sync your Google account (photos, contacts, etc.).

Let us know how that goes for you.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I had to perform a factory reset. All my apps are downloading again. Thank you for all the help. I lost 454 levels of Candy Crush though!

I lost 454 levels of Candy Crush though!
    Helium: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ikdutta.backup

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk