Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Where can I purchase a battery for my phone online? (Amazon)

I'm in need of a battery and I looked on Amazon and saw several. Some of the reviews are good and some are bad and say that the batteries aren't original replacement batteries. Can you send the link to a good battery that I should buy, preferably on Amazon?

Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.2.2 Tablet/4.3 Phone

Default Re: Where can I purchase a battery for my phone online? (Amazon)

Quote Originally Posted by Maynduh View Post
    I'm in need of a battery and I looked on Amazon and saw several. Some of the reviews are good and some are bad and say that the batteries aren't original replacement batteries. Can you send the link to a good battery that I should buy, preferably on Amazon?
    Most of the items on Amazon have pictures with them. Just look for one that resembles what you've already got in your phone (which I assume is the one that came with your phone), then go for that one. That's what I did when I ordered my battery on Amazon. I should be getting it later this week. I've bought plenty of items on Amazon and have had no problems with them at all.
    Cindy

RAVpower 2250 mah is a great battery. I've been using one for a couple months.
    $18 on Amazon

AC App on SGS3
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

I just happened to have this link on the Clipboard so:

2 x RAVPowerŽ 3.8V 2250mAh Cell phone Rechargeable Battery for Sams... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009758KK6?...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Can't beat that.

AC App on SGS3
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

Same question. Guess I'll go for the rav. Thanks.

Nother question... The 3 is only like 1.5 years old do they expect anyone whose battery dies to just buy a brand new phone? Or is this just some weird battery shortage.

Posted via Android Central App

It's older than that.
    Replace?
    What shortage?

AC App on SGS3
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    It's older than that.

AC App on SGS3
    Ah, just check. Yes, almost 2 years old.
    Replace?
    What shortage?
    That's what i'm asking, what does Samsung expect customers who's phone battery dies around 2 years old to do? Is that standard? Stop selling batteries for phones not yet 2 years old? Is the customer expected to buy a new phone when the battery goes bad? or is there another reason there are no more SIII batteries being sold? That's not rhetorical and i'm not being sarcastic. (i did end up finding a battery, someone at my company had one but just curious).

This is a non issue for the SIII. Aftermarket batteries are good. I personally bought an Anker brand battery for my Thunderbolt when the battery failed. Nos if you had an S5 with the NFC antenna in the battery you might have bigger problems. Even then I can find aftermarket batteries that claim to be NFC compatible.

If you had an iPhone you would be in some real trouble with a failed battery. For the SIII it's not really even worth complaining about. Just buy a new one and marvel at how much it has improved your battery life compared to the old worn out battery.

You can still buy Samsung batteries, but why? There are better ones on the market. Such as the Anker and RAVpower.
    I have both of those, and keep my Samsung as a last resort backup battery.
    If you really want a Samsung, you can get them right here on AC.
    Samsung 2100mAh Standard Battery with NFC for Galaxy S3 - Android Batteries - ShopAndroid
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by cindylike24 View Post
    Most of the items on Amazon have pictures with them. Just look for one that resembles what you've already got in your phone (which I assume is the one that came with your phone), then go for that one. That's what I did when I ordered my battery on Amazon. I should be getting it later this week. I've bought plenty of items on Amazon and have had no problems with them at all.
    Well I started this at first but there are just so many batteries with both good and bad reviews and I don't want to buy a battery which fails after a while (and I saw that this happened with quite a few of the batteries I was looking at online) but thank you

Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    RAVpower 2250 mah is a great battery. I've been using one for a couple months.
    $18 on Amazon

AC App on SGS3
    Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    I just happened to have this link on the Clipboard so:

2 x RAVPowerŽ 3.8V 2250mAh Cell phone Rechargeable Battery for Sams... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009758KK6?...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Thank you too