Samsung galaxy s3 battery drain fast!

ksmoove2

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I charged my phone through the night and it charged to 100%. I woke up took it off the charger and in .5 minutes it went down to 85% so I plugged it back into the charger and it went down to 24% instantly. I just bought a new battery too. Also this battery is 3200mah instead of the 2200mah battery I had before.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Does this new battery take up exactly the same amount of space that the old one did (i.e. are you using the same phone back)?

Your problem sounds like a battery issue; you may have just gotten some cheap knock-off.

You could try turning the phone completely off and letting it fully charge, then take it off the charger and run it until it's at 15%; then repeat that again. If you still have issues then it's either the battery or the phone - only one way to find out at that point. Others have recommended:

2 x RAVPower? 3.8V 2250mAh Cell phone Rechargeable Battery for Sams... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009758KK6...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3689905

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

MaritzaKang

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Im also having a problem with my galaxy s 3. The battery has all of a sudden begun to drain drastically. I tried to clear the cache and deleted apps with advertisements but nothing seems to work? It went from 100% to 52 in less than 5 minutes

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
The battery has all of a sudden begun to drain drastically
That's probably an indication that the battery is going bad. You can take the battery out and try spinning it on a flat surface - if it spins easily that indicates that it's bulging, which usually means that it's on its last leg. See above for a recommended replacement.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

chasenfreedom

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!That's probably an indication that the battery is going bad. You can take the battery out and try spinning it on a flat surface - if it spins easily that indicates that it's bulging, which usually means that it's on its last leg. See above for a recommended replacement.

I want to root my phone to get rid of this battery drainage issue. Can you recommend a good ROM for this. Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I want to root my phone to get rid of this battery drainage issue. Can you recommend a good ROM for this.
That really depends on whether or not your phone already has 4.3 (with the Knox bootloader). Your best bet is to look in the model-specific sub-forum, and in the rooting sub-forum (if there is one).

You can also check out XDA to see what is currently being maintained.

Saferoot http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2565758 may be an option.

chasenfreedom

May 3, 2012
Visit site
That really depends on whether or not your phone already has 4.3 (with the Knox bootloader). Your best bet is to look in the model-specific sub-forum, and in the rooting sub-forum (if there is one).

You can also check out XDA to see what is currently being maintained.

Saferoot [ROOT] Saferoot: Root for VRUEMJ7, MK2, and Android 4.3 - xda-developers may be an option.

I don't think I have Knox, It's been updated but not recently purchased. Its model # SCH-I535. Android version 4.3, Baseband version I535VRUCNC1, kernel version 3.0.31 se.infra@R0210-08 #1

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I have Knox...Android version 4.3
If you have the stock 4.3 firmware then you have Knox. Just boot into Download (aka Odin) mode and look at what's displayed - if it looks similar to this

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SCH-I535
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: No
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
Warranty Bit: 0
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE

then you have the Knox bootloader component.

cosmocarter1965

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
It's an obvious case of "fake battery" that has saturated the market. I'm concerned as this happened to me. Another concern I have is that NFC is so rampantly exploited and hacked.

theman143

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I charged my phone through the night and it charged to 100%. I woke up took it off the charger and in .5 minutes it went down to 85% so I plugged it back into the charger and it went down to 24% instantly. I just bought a new battery too. Also this battery is 3200mah instead of the 2200mah battery I had before.

theman143

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site

You should go on settings and my device. Then go on my device and click on backup and reset to reset ur phone. Then once ur phone has resetted and rverything is ready leave the software the same DONT UPDATE. It should be back to normal... Hope this helps

davidindian

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I also same issue Battery Drain..
When you say DON't Update what does it mean... is it Don't update the Samsung Software ( i am on stock not rooted) or stop all app updates?

h4z0r

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey all download a Cpu Spy from google market and check if your phone going to Deep Sleep i had same issue. Restart Phone help. :)

Niels Boelsmand

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

designwebs

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I have S3's. We both purchased new batteries last night. She checks her phone this morning and it says 100%. Takes it off the charger and back to 23%. How in the world can you fix this problem.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
We both purchased new batteries last night. She checks her phone this morning and it says 100%. Takes it off the charger and back to 23%.
This was the course of events?
- installed new battery
- charged overnight
- unplugged charger
and battery instantly dropped from 100% to 23%?

Assuming that your phone is behaving correctly, have you tried swapping batteries to see if the unexpected behavior follows the battery or the phone?

If her phone isn't rooted I suppose you could try a Factory Reset to try to wipe the battery calibration data; if it is I'd suggest using something like BatteryCalibration http://market.android.com/details?id=com.nema.batterycalibration to reset the battery calibration data.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary