Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dialer problems

Sorry in advance if this was posted elsewhere. I couldn't find any threads regarding my issue.
    I have a Sprint gs3 on android 4.4.2, and just within in the last day or so if I make a call then promted to press a number for an option, the touch tone won't go through.
    For example if I dial Sprint and get press 1 if you are calling about (my number) and I press 1, nothing happens. I dial other numbers and nothing. Also I've tried other calls and the same thing so it's not Sprint's system.

Customer care did a master reset and I tried some 3rd party dialers also and nothing.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    30,949 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Dialer problems

Quote Originally Posted by joeyv8082 View Post
    Sorry in advance if this was posted elsewhere. I couldn't find any threads regarding my issue.
    I have a Sprint gs3 on android 4.4.2, and just within in the last day or so if I make a call then promted to press a number for an option, the touch tone won't go through.
    For example if I dial Sprint and get press 1 if you are calling about (my number) and I press 1, nothing happens. I dial other numbers and nothing. Also I've tried other calls and the same thing so it's not Sprint's system.

Customer care did a master reset and I tried some 3rd party dialers also and nothing.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I would try rebooting into recovery and clearing the system cache. Here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

tried wiping the cache partition didn't work.

Global Posts
    30,949 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by joeyv8082 View Post
    tried wiping the cache partition didn't work.

OK. The only other thing I can suggest is a reset. Back everything up, and then in settings>back up and reset, click on factory restore.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

***update***
    thanks for the replies to my question. As it turns out after trying everything under the sun, i went to the sprint store with my tail between my legs to find out if i could get a loaner phone while i send mine to samsung for repair....turns out it's a spring network issue in the cleveland market and not a phone issue at all....
    so ill fasten my seatbelt and sit back and enjoy the ride...
    thanks again

My Verizon S3 does that sometimes also. At times I can't make calls or use data, its very annoying.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Would anyone have any insight to as why when i use the handy search feature in the dialer to find a local restaurants number, that when i go to hit talk, it pre-pends a a stupid + in front of every number i try to dial that way (and a fast busy). I am in the states on a Nexus 5 with Sprint. I have to either edit the number before a re-dial attempt or just wright it down on paper... kinda defeating its handy intention

Quote Originally Posted by ggalmin View Post
    when i use the handy search feature in the dialer to find a local restaurants number
    I must be totally clueless - I don't see ANY search feature in the DialerAre you talking about the Contacts Tab? Can you post a screenshot of what you're referring to?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk