Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mobilecrackers
  • 2 Post By _YoKolorMeBadd
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default KitKat update

Hey Guys,

I know that the Kitkat update for s3 has been launched already, but my phone is still running 4.1.2
    i tried updating my device by OTA and i keep getting the message "The latest updates have already been installed.

Here are some details of my device.
    model number - GT I9300
    android version 4.1.2
    baseband version - I9300XXEMA5
    Kernel version
    3.0.31-1287119
    [email protected]#1
    SMP PREEMPT fri jun 28 00:40:06
    KST 2013

Build number
    JZO54K.I9300XXEMF6

Any suggestion and ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: KitKat update

You need to wait until 4.4.2 arrives at your region or you can unlock your phone and flash other countries firmware which have kitkat update

Sent from my GT-N7000 using AC Forums mobile app
    DonMags1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DonMags1 View Post
    my phone is still running 4.1.2
    i tried updating my device by OTA and i keep getting the message "The latest updates have already been installed.
    I'm sure 4.3 is available, so you could try using the Kies software to update to that. Or you could use Odin and manually flash 4.3.

I haven't heard anything about the official KitKat being released for the International variant - not sure where you got your information from.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    I'm sure 4.3 is available, so you could try using the Kies software to update to that. Or you could use Odin and manually flash 4.3.

I haven't heard anything about the official KitKat being released for the International variant - not sure where you got your information from.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    I heard they may not release Kit Kat for the international version of the S3.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    johnmltb33 and DonMags1 like this.

I just installed 4.4.2 ota on my AT&T galaxy S3. It doesn't look that different, but it is fast, it's using less ram, and consequently getting longer battery life. It has also integrated Google cloud print into Gmail, a big plus. This has gone much, much better than the last JB update. A great start.

Good News for Canadian Telus Sgh-i747m S3 users as KitKat 4.4.2 is pushing the update OTA. Shows up as Knox upgrade when downloading. Just got it last night.

Posted via Android Central App

International gs3 won't get kitkat. Only has 1gb of ram. But you never know what Samsung will do next

Posted via Android Central App