Samsung Galaxy S3 freezes at samsung logo after attempting a factory reset. Please help!

rhynnian

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello! I've tried googling to find help/other threads about this, and I've been able to find all of the problems I'm having individually, but the fixes for each issue are interfered with by the other problems... Any help would be incredibly appreciated!

Model: SGH-I747
Carrier: AT&T
Unrooted

So, as the title says, when I tried to factory reset my phone to give it to a friend, upon powering on it froze at the glowing Samsung screen, after the AT&T screen.

I've tried powering into recovery mode, and it does briefly flash the "recovery booting" message, but then it either proceeds to boot up as normal and gets stuck on the Samsung logo, or just turns off again.

I can get it into download mode, but Kies doesn't recognize my phone when I plug it in - I get a 'connecting to your device' message for a few minutes, then it tells me it wasn't able to connect.

I'm not sure if it's normal or not, but when I put it into download mode it comes up with the screen "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!"

The upper left corner reads:
Odin Mode
Product Name: SGH-I747
Custom Binary Download: No
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Official
Qualcomm Secureboot: Enable

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm not worried about saving any files (obviously, as it was the factory reset that started all this), so I'm game for pretty much anything that might help.

Flashvetrin

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello! I've tried googling to find help/other threads about this, and I've been able to find all of the problems I'm having individually, but the fixes for each issue are interfered with by the other problems... Any help would be incredibly appreciated!

Model: SGH-I747
Carrier: AT&T
Unrooted

So, as the title says, when I tried to factory reset my phone to give it to a friend, upon powering on it froze at the glowing Samsung screen, after the AT&T screen.

I've tried powering into recovery mode, and it does briefly flash the "recovery booting" message, but then it either proceeds to boot up as normal and gets stuck on the Samsung logo, or just turns off again.

I can get it into download mode, but Kies doesn't recognize my phone when I plug it in - I get a 'connecting to your device' message for a few minutes, then it tells me it wasn't able to connect.

I'm not sure if it's normal or not, but when I put it into download mode it comes up with the screen "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!"

The upper left corner reads:
Odin Mode
Product Name: SGH-I747
Custom Binary Download: No
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Official
Qualcomm Secureboot: Enable

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm not worried about saving any files (obviously, as it was the factory reset that started all this), so I'm game for pretty much anything that might help.

Sounds like you were in the middle of a flash using odin? 😢 and got a fail😦.. is your device stock?? Do you have custom recovery?? Are you rooted? Can you still get into download mode?? 😮 do not worry reply and i can get u back in shape😆

Sent from my MARCUS! using Tapatalk

rhynnian

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I might have been! I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to fiddling with cell phones, though.

It's stock and unrooted, and... I don't know what custom recovery is? I can get into download mode, yes.

Flashvetrin

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Ok so what you need to do is go to either sams mobile or galaxy note 3 root.com and download the stock odin zip for your phone. Pay attention to the model number.. unzip it on your desktop put your phone into download mode start odin youll see a yellow box that will have a com port highlighted. Click on pda navigate to the extracted folder youll see a folder that ends in tar. Load that into the pda slot and hit start. And wait. This will flash the stock firmware back onto your phone..

Flashvetrin

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
What stock odin file did you download.. when you follow the steps do you see pass?? And after you reboot does it go into a mode that shows any with a hexagon spinning in his belly?
Also after the flash unplug the phone from the pc..
Post a copy of the name of the folder you downloaded i want to look at it. Also your exact model num.. 😊

rhynnian

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded this one Firmwares | SamMobile | Page 3

But! I did manage to get it to work, I had to close out Kies and switch usb ports on my computer, one of those was messing things up apparently. After clearing the cache and doing a factory reset via recovery mode, it booted up like a charm.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci