Samsung Galaxy S3 Overheat

HorusBlack01

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, yesterday I charged my S3 and woke up this morning and noticed that it was off and when I turned it didn't came on. When I plugged it for charging the lower bottom of the phone heated up very fast and right now is very hot, I tried to charge it with the original battery and heated up very fast and charged from nothing to just a 3% and replaced it with a replacement battery that I bought and had and the same happened the lower bottom of the S3 heated up a lot or I would say too much but its charging normally and still very very hot...what could it be???

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

It's not a good sign that the phone is getting hot merely by charging.
Have you tried turning the phone completely off and charging it that way? Does the phone get hot when you're doing that?

I don't suppose you have access to an external battery charger? I'd be interested in knowing if the phone operates at a normal temperature if the battery is already charged. If so, there may be something wrong with the charging circuit.

You could try cleaning the battery contacts in the phone and on the battery itself - use the eraser from a pencil to rub the contacts, then wipe off any eraser residue with a clean cloth.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

HorusBlack01

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

It's not a good sign that the phone is getting hot merely by charging.
Have you tried turning the phone completely off and charging it that way? Does the phone get hot when you're doing that?

I don't suppose you have access to an external battery charger? I'd be interested in knowing if the phone operates at a normal temperature if the battery is already charged. If so, there may be something wrong with the charging circuit.

You could try cleaning the battery contacts in the phone and on the battery itself - use the eraser from a pencil to rub the contacts, then wipe off any eraser residue with a clean cloth.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Hi and thank you!....yes I tried to charge it with the phone completely off, it charges very slowly and still get very hot. I went to the technicians at an ATT source and they changed the battery and did a factory reset and update....and the phone still gets very very hot even without being charged now, they had a battery that they use for testing and it had some charge and the phone still got hot even with that battery and even with a replacement battery that I have.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, your phone is toast (no pun intended). Time for a warranty replacement or repair.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan