- 14 Posts
Device Memory Damaged Error Message -- Long Term Problem?
My daughter turned on her phone this morning to find a "Device Memory Damaged" error message on the screen with the only option to reset to factory defaults. Can someone please help me understand if this will turn out to be a long term problem, e.g. need to have the phone repaired or replaced, or is just "something that happened" and shouldn't be a problem other than the inconvenience?
We'll be at the 2 year contract period next month but I would rather not go right back into a new contract with a subsidized phone. Thanks for the help!
Sprint Galaxy S3 - Version 4.4.2 (stock)
- 06-17-2014, 01:17 PM #2
- 6,973 Posts
Re: Device Memory Damaged Error Message -- Long Term Problem?
That sounds like a hardware problem that's not going to go away.
What happened after the Factory Reset?
It wouldn't be worth repairing the phone at this juncture; much better to invest what you'd spend on repairs on a new off-contract phone. The Moto X is a great value, and even the Moto G or the newer version with 4G are quite capable.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 8Last Post: 11-06-2014, 06:23 AM
- By xstinkyx in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 8Last Post: 07-12-2014, 09:56 PM
- By Unregistered in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-27-2014, 10:41 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-17-2014, 07:29 AM
- By Photografeeman in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 ActiveReplies: 0Last Post: 06-17-2014, 06:57 AM