Help! Photos deleted from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Beldkuhn

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I am new and NOT technically :) I have the Samsung Galaxy S3. I have accidentally deleted all my photos off the phone. (not SD card). I have searched for them and of course they cannot be found :( can anyone help me please. I have tried to look for software but i am unsure what will actually work. My Hubby said something along the lines of i need to "root it"... Not sure how to do that either. Are my photos retrievable???

Beldkuhn

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much, I am yet to try it, i am a bit nervous that it will kill my phone. I need to have my phones " drive mapped", Will i still need to do that with this software? Sorry for being so naive. Thank you

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I need to have my phones " drive mapped"
Unless your phone is running a much older version of Android (4.0.4 IIRC) you can no longer do that - Google removed support for Mass Storage mode awhile back.

I haven't needed to use either of those apps (they've been mentioned favorably in other threads) but they shouldn't require you to map the internal memory as a drive letter.

In the future you may want to consider something like Cloud Drive http://market.android.com/details?id=com.amazon.clouddrive.photos - it'll allow you to automatically backup your pictures/videos to the cloud (5GB free).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Mike Armitage

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
How or which way did you delete them..I done the same but found them in the MY FILES on the phone..Not sure where they were but have a good look on My Files...Hope it helps....

Posted via Android Central App

Beldkuhn

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Thank you all so much, so far not having much luck, I deleted them in the main screen, got a bit sidetracked and it said one item selected.. Could have kicked myself. Is there anyone i can take it to to see if they can get them back for me? I need to map the drive... I do NOW have them on dropbox. :) I have looked through the My Files folder but it all seems like jibber to me...

Beldkuhn

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi GSDer,

I have tried both of the applications and still can not get any further with this.

My model phone is the i9305 and comes up as not being compatible with the Wondershare software. It then prompts if I want to proceed, it then scans and stalls at 80%.

The other software installed, but I can not see any drives or mapping for my phone to scan.

So still no better off. hank you for your feedback and assistance.

Belinda.

Did you try either of the programs that I mentioned?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Sorry. I'm sure Google had reasons for removing support for Mass Storage mode but that unfortunately pulled the rug out from solutions to this problem.

You'll just have to take appropriate precautions in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair