Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy s3 touch screen not working after lens change

Hi, i recently changed the cracked screen on my galaxy s3 and i think i did everything properly. however the touch screen does not respond to touch any more and neither do the 2 buttons at the bottom of the screen, although they do light up when the phone is turned on and so does the LCD. the phone appears to be working properly in all other ways. can you please advise as to what i might have done wrong. Also while i had the glass screen off, i turned on the phone and the LCD did not respond to touch then either

Default Re: Galaxy s3 touch screen not working after lens change

Sounds like the digitizer needs/needed to be replaced, as well as the glass.
    Check out Amazon or eBay, searching "samsung gs3 digitizer" and make sure it fits your specific carriers model.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for your reply.
    this might sound dumb, but are the LCD and the digitizer the same thing or are they 2 different components? Does the digitizer sit between the glass screen and the LCD? i looked on both amazon and ebay for the digitizer on its own and wasn't sure what i was exactly supposed to buy.

thanks again for your help

Quote Originally Posted by theafricanguru View Post
    Thanks for your reply.
    this might sound dumb, but are the LCD and the digitizer the same thing or are they 2 different components? Does the digitizer sit between the glass screen and the LCD? i looked on both amazon and ebay for the digitizer on its own and wasn't sure what i was exactly supposed to buy.

thanks again for your help
    This is for an iPhone, but it's all the same.
    HowStuffWorks "iPhone Touch Screen"

If I was to replace any part of the screen, I would replace it all.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE
    Thanked by:

The S3 has 3 layers. The Glass, The Digitizer and then The AMOLED layer (the S3 does not use LCD). It is best to buy the complete set when replacing the broken screen.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3
    (No KNOX)
    Thanked by: