Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Phone turns off when I boot into the camera

    Whenever I try to launch the camera app, the screen goes black (turns off) then I have to reboot the phone. Anybody have any idea on what's going on and why this might be happening?

    EDIT: It works fine when Im plugged into the charger, could I need a new battery?

    Thanks
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Phone turns off when I boot into the camera

    If you don't use the camera, does your phone still shut off unexpectedly? Can you try a new battery and see what happens? If it means buying a new battery, it's always a good idea to have a spare lying around anyway.

    You could also try clearing the system cache partition: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Phone turns off when I boot into the camera

    Quote Originally Posted by JEGuitarist View Post
    EDIT: It works fine when Im plugged into the charger, could I need a new battery?
    It's quite likely - the firmware is setup to not use the camera when the battery gets low (5% IIRC). Your phone may be misinterpreting the battery level and refusing to activate the camera.

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Phone turns off when I boot into the camera

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    If you don't use the camera, does your phone still shut off unexpectedly? Can you try a new battery and see what happens? If it means buying a new battery, it's always a good idea to have a spare lying around anyway.

    You could also try clearing the system cache partition: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    Sometimes it does turn off randomly, not all the time though. Kind of an unpredictable thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    It's quite likely - the firmware is setup to not use the camera when the battery gets low (5% IIRC). Your phone may be misinterpreting the battery level and refusing to activate the camera.

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Im gonna say that's not why, because the battery is at 70%+ and it still does it.

Similar Threads

  1. getting rid of the call button in messaging
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2014, 07:47 PM
  2. Camera
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 12:51 AM
  3. Will the Note 3 be upgraded to Android L?
    By TylerJNelson32 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-04-2014, 08:16 PM
  4. turning on problem
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-27-2014, 03:17 AM
  5. android with the red exclamation after superuser
    By Justin Smith15 in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-26-2014, 09:44 PM

Posting Permissions