Whenever I try to launch the camera app, the screen goes black (turns off) then I have to reboot the phone. Anybody have any idea on what's going on and why this might be happening?

EDIT: It works fine when Im plugged into the charger, could I need a new battery?

Thanks
    06-26-2014 10:10 PM
    If you don't use the camera, does your phone still shut off unexpectedly? Can you try a new battery and see what happens? If it means buying a new battery, it's always a good idea to have a spare lying around anyway.

You could also try clearing the system cache partition: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    06-27-2014 02:14 AM
    EDIT: It works fine when Im plugged into the charger, could I need a new battery?
    It's quite likely - the firmware is setup to not use the camera when the battery gets low (5% IIRC). Your phone may be misinterpreting the battery level and refusing to activate the camera.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    06-27-2014 09:47 AM
    If you don't use the camera, does your phone still shut off unexpectedly? Can you try a new battery and see what happens? If it means buying a new battery, it's always a good idea to have a spare lying around anyway.

You could also try clearing the system cache partition: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    Sometimes it does turn off randomly, not all the time though. Kind of an unpredictable thing.

It's quite likely - the firmware is setup to not use the camera when the battery gets low (5% IIRC). Your phone may be misinterpreting the battery level and refusing to activate the camera.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Im gonna say that's not why, because the battery is at 70%+ and it still does it.
    06-27-2014 05:07 PM