Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3 Won't update e-mails

I have 2 main e-mails, AOL and EarthLink. All updates to EarthLink e-mail have stopped no matter what I do. AOL mail updates continue but are sluggish. Settings on "auto." Don't know what else to do, help!

Global Posts
    7,646 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Galaxy S3 Won't update e-mails

Quote Originally Posted by carolrnjd View Post
    I have 2 main e-mails, AOL and EarthLink. All updates to EarthLink e-mail have stopped no matter what I do. AOL mail updates continue but are sluggish. Settings on "auto." Don't know what else to do, help!
    Remove then re-add the email accounts and see if that fixes the problem. Are you using the Samsung email app or gmail?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Update - I went to the Sprint store and the guys there worked on the phone for about 3 hours...turns out the "mail" button on the android phones sometimes fails because of large volumes of mail. Mine failed. They installed K-9 Mail and ran my two e-mail accounts through it. All works fine now except I have a bell that rings when a batch of mail is brought in. I didn't schedule it and I don't know why it rings since I already have another notification sound for mail (that rings also!!) Any ideas?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thank you so much for replying. I did try that, and when I went to the Sprint store that was the first thing they tried too. But see my update....they installed K-9 mail and now my EarthLink and AOL mail all goes through the K-9 mail and it works fine! But I was in there 3 hours while they trouble-shot every thing. Thanks again - Carol

Carol, I'm sure there's a setting in K-9 mail that will allow you to turn off the notification tone. Or you can turn off the sound in the stock email app so that you only receive the tone from K-9.

Edit: well, I installed it just to look around and don't see any setting for audio notifications. I suppose I could be missing something obvious?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GSDer; 07-01-2014 at 12:55 PM.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for the reply....I appreciate anyone trying to help. Still a loud bell (along with my original preferred notification sound) every time a batch of e-mails is brought in. I've had so much trouble with the mail on my Galaxy III that I am thinking about an I-phone when my renewal time comes up with Sprint in December.

Perhaps a different email app will solve your problem? I only use Gmail so I can't make any recommendations - sorry.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk