Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Default Messaging notification not showing preview.

I have a samsung galaxy s3 lte which was originally locked to three but the previous owner unlocked it and I have a Virgin Mobile SIM inside. Whenever I get a message the notification says 'Messaging, New Message' but doesn't give me a preview of the message and I have to go to the messaging app. This is strange as this never happened on my dads S3 (I9300) but happens on mine. His was factory unlocked though and Im not sure if this could play a part. If theres a solution to this problem please help, it will be greatly appreciated

Default Re: Messaging notification not showing preview.

When you're in the conversation view (not in an actual message), press the Menu button, select 'Settings', scroll down to the 'Notification settings' group and check the item 'Preview message'.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Default Re: Messaging notification not showing preview.

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    When you're in the conversation view (not in an actual message), press the Menu button, select 'Settings', scroll down to the 'Notification settings' group and check the item 'Preview message'.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Thanks a lot dude