Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best way to tell what is causing battery drain?

I am only getting about 6 hours out of battery. Granted it's used fairly heavily. I have posted some screenshots to see if this appears normal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best way to tell what is causing battery drain?-screenshot_2014-06-29-12-28-53-1-.png   Best way to tell what is causing battery drain?-screenshot_2014-06-29-12-29-10-2-.png  

Default Re: Best way to tell what is causing battery drain?

Do you have any higher resolution pictures? Those aren't taking long enough to load.

AC App on SGS3
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Looks pretty normal to me. I have similar battery usage. You can buy extended batterys on amazon, ebay, etc. Some extend the size of the phone (e.g zerolemons) and have around 8000mAh and then some that are normal sized at about 4000mAh which lasts a lot longer than the original 2100mAh battery. Take a look for yourself. Mine works like a charm

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Lte android 4.3 using Tapatalk

What's your screen brightness set at? I keep mine at around 30-40%. I am non rooted and using a 2100mah anker battery and while our percentages look similar, I am getting a good deal more life. I don't do any tweeting but don't know if that alone explains it.. Then again, I don't think I've had any phone calls this morning or done any Facebook surfing, still though, not sure it's enough to explain the difference. Sorry about the image sizes. Not sure how to shrink them.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have my screen brightness set on auto. I think my main problem is screen on time and there obviously isnt anything you can do about that.

You can try using apps such as greenify, ds battery saver, wakelock detector, and lux lite. I use all of these and i have a pretty good battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamafan501 View Post
    I have my screen brightness set on auto. I think my main problem is screen on time and there obviously isnt anything you can do about that.
    Other than setting screen brightness to manual and minimum.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk