Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default help me brick my phone!

Odd request, I know, but my galaxy s3 was just snatched up by some punk kid. I'm wondering if I can brick it from my computer so he can't use it or access my personal data on it. I know that Google Play will let me remote download apps onto my phone from a pc, is there something like this I can kill the phone with?

Default Re: help me brick my phone!

This article recommends "android lost" http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2352755,00.asp and there's this which I don't know how much help it is. https://support.google.com/a/answer/173390?hl=en Good luck.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Much thanks :-) I'll give it a try and check in later

I was going to suggest that too but if that doesn't work I would definitely report it to your carrier ASAP so the person can't use it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks guys but it seems those p options can't be done retroactively :-(
    I tried to call the service provider asap, but it was after office hours and it just kept sending me to a message to call back during office hours, so I'm planning to do that first thing tomorrow.
    Thanks anyway guys :-)

Really? I was looking at Android lost and it seemed like you could use it retroactively. Disappointing if you can't.

Apparently you didn't have Android Device Manager enabled on your device? You could track the location or remote wipe it.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk