My keyboard doesn't work after updating to Android 4.3??

Ikram Issa

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
My keyboard isn't working anymore. I accidentally clicked the install button and it updated to Android 4.3. After the update finished, I came back to the home screen to unlock my phone but it didn't work because ''unfortunately keyboard has stopped working''. To solve the issue I hard reset my phone. This only removed the password but my keyboard still doesn't work. I can't download any apps because I can't log in into my email on Google play. So what should I do? Is there any way of resolving this issue myself? Or will I need to take it to repair?

P.S: Is there any way I can enter my log in details without the keyboard? If I can manage to do that then I can install an alternative keyboard.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try installing a different keyboard by going to the Google Play Store website on your computer. Pick something like Swiftkey, or Google Keyboard if it isn't already on your phone. Once the keyboard is installed, go to Settings>Language & input, and select that new keyboard as the default.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest trying again to reboot into recovery and clear the system cache following the guide B. Diddy linked. That should have worked.

Brought to you by CM11, an M8, and the AC Forums App.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
I have exactly the same problem and your solutions doesn't work
You did both
- clear system cache in Recovery mode
- Factory Reset in Recovery mode
and the problem persists? That would be rather unusual.
If you have an SD card present you could try removing it. If there's still no joy then I'd suggest reloading the firmware from scratch.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk