Virgin mobile samsung galaxy s3 kitkat 4.4.2 issues

browneyedgirl222

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I am with Virgin Mobile. My phone updated itself to Kitkat 4.4.2. I see absolutely NO visible changes (except for the upper signal bar which was green and now is white). I've heard so much about how awesome the changes are on other phones, but I see no difference in speed, appearance, etc.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone as to why not. Is it the carrier, the phone (Samsung)? I am so disappointed. In fact, if anything, my phone is a bit slower.

Also, since VM went 4GLTE, the signal is atrocious. I live in Brooklyn, New York.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The last few Android system upgrades have not shown hugely different user interfaces, so don't judge a book by its cover!:) There have been quite a lot of improvements under the hood, so to speak, which are beyond the scope of this thread. As for any performance degradation, it can be useful to clear the system cache partition after a major system update, because sometimes leftover temporary system data can muck things up. Follow the steps here--you won't lose any personal data: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html